In hybrid systems e.g. laptops, GameWarp will only work if it launches on integrated GPU (by Microsoft's design, more information at the bottom). If you have such system, try to force run VRidge on integrated GPU. Below you can find short guide on how to use VRidge in specific scenarios.
- Go to RiftCat settings -> VRidge -> advanced and set encoder to QuickSync. If that hasn't resolved the issue then proceed to the next step.
- Right click on the Desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel
- In the NVIDIA Control Panel navigate to 3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings and under Global Settings tab set "Preferred graphics processor" to High-performance
- Sometimes global override is still ignored so to make sure everything starts on Integrated GPU we'll force it for every VR-related .exe process. To do so switch to Program Settings (should be next to Global Settings) and add following programs to run on High Performance:
AMD Radeon GPU
- Follow steps listed in the AMD's official article HERE
In case you are interesting in the Microsoft's response regarding this particular issue, you can read it here - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3019314/error-generated-when-desktop-duplication-api-capable-application-is-ru