There are 2 possible solutions and usually either of them solves the problem. First of all, try to disable all addons besides VRidge. To do that, go to Steam Library -> right click SteamVR -> properties -> betas and install latest Beta. Then when you start SteamVR, right click the small SteamVR windows -> settings -> Startup/Shutdown settings -> manage addons and disable all addons except VRidge, then restart SteamVR.
If you are using laptop with NVIDIA/AMD video card then make sure everything VR-related starts on dedicated video card instead of the integrated graphics (Desktop PCs can also have integrated GPU). Also make sure your GPU drivers are up to date. This includes your integrated graphics too.
Below you can find short guide on how to use VRidge in specific scenarios.
Intel Core 4th generation or newer (4000+)
- Go to VRidge settings (bottom-right corner) in RiftCat Client.
- Expand Advanced settings.
- Select Quick Sync.
- Right click on the Desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel
- In the NVIDIA Control Panel navigate to 3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings and under Global Settings tab set "Preferred graphics processor" to High-performance
- Sometimes global override is still ignored so to make sure everything starts on dedicated GPU we'll force it for every VR-related .exe process. To do so switch to Program Settings (should be next to Global Settings) and add following programs to run on High Performance:
- StreamView.exe (exists only in 2.0+ versions)
- Game_Name.exe (game you are trying to launch)
- vrmonitor.exe, vrstartup.exe, vrserver.exe, vrcompositor.exe (by default they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64)
AMD Radeon GPU
- Follow steps listed in the AMD's official article HERE
If you are still experiencing issues then send us ticket as described in THIS article