If you are using laptop with NVIDIA/AMD video card then make sure everything VR-related starts on dedicated video card and not Intel HD Graphics (Desktop PCs can also have ingrated GPU). Also, you have to make sure that your GPU drivers are up to date. This includes your integrated graphics too.
Below you can find short guide on how to use VRidge in specific scenarios.
Intel Core 4th generation or newer (4000+)
- Go to VRidge settings (bottom-right corner) in RiftCat Client.
- Expand Advanced settings.
- Select Quick Sync.
- Right click on the Desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel
- In the NVIDIA Control Panel navigate to 3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings and under Global Settings tab set "Preferred graphics processor" to High-performance
- Sometimes global override is still ignored so to make sure everything starts on dedicated GPU we'll force it for every VR-related .exe process. To do so switch to Program Settings (should be next to Global Settings) and add following programs to run on High Performance:
- StreamView.exe (exists only in 2.0+ versions)
- Game_Name.exe (game you are trying to launch)
- vrmonitor.exe, vrstartup.exe, vrserver.exe, vrcompositor.exe (by default they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64)
AMD Radeon GPU
NOTE: There are many different versions of Catalyst Control Center for adjusting GPU settings, therefore these steps should be viewed as indicative steps rather than actual.
- Open Catalyst Control Center which can be done by right clicking on the Desktop and choose "Graphics properties"
- Go to Preference in upper-right corner and set "Advanced view." Once that is done go to Power tab -> Switchable Graphics Global Settings and set Maximize Performance for both Battery and Plugged In
- Now go to Switchable Graphics Application Settings and set High Performance for following applications: vridge.exe Game_Name.exe (Game you are trying to launch) steamvr.exe vrserver.exe vrcompositor.exe (by default they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64)
If you are still experiencing issues then send us ticket as described in THIS article